Dynamic, results-oriented Executive with career-long, progressive experience in managing change and growth in organizations of various sizes. Excellent technological acumen with proven ability to scope, plan, implement, and deliver projects on time and under budget while maximizing revenue, leveraging relationships to enhance business development. Strong combination of common sense and analytical abilities; exhibit inclusive leadership style that encourages participation, personal accountability, and professional growth. Strong communicator with innate ability to subtly lead others to make sound organizational and business decisions.
INFORMATION ORGANIZERS, San Jose, California, 2004-present
PRESIDENTConsultancy focused on projects that synthesize information in creative and novel ways promoting efforts to foster effective communications.Key Achievements:
HANDSNET, San Jose, California, 1997-2004
Define and implement vision across organization to ensure growth for nonprofit organization specializing in leveraging online communications to aid U.S. children, families and people in need.
Create strategic plans aligned with vision; determine and apply most effective functional structure; organize and adeptly assign and lead 15-member cross-functional team to accomplish objectives. Define, develop, and administer $2 million budget and report to Board. Identify and negotiate contracts/develop relationships with system integrators, software vendors, clients, and others. Source and cultivate funding-source and information content provider relationships and develop strategic project-based and ongoing partnerships as appropriate. Develop and deploy marketing initiatives, including execution of competitive analyses to determine best product positioning strategies. Develop staff to ensure proficiency, cross-functionality, and strong sense of teamwork and motivation.
* Successfully led cultural transition to participative environment, enhancing staff growth and accountability opportunities.
* Instrumental in converting enterprise technology from proprietary closed architecture to fully Web-based implementation.
* Led staff to develop prototypes and functional and technical specifications for primary product.
* Secured more than $4 million in funding through adept relationship cultivation and management as well as excellent proposal creation.
* Conceptualized and implemented strategy and business plan for new Web-based information aggregation and dissemination service to more effectively meet customer needs.
* Identified and strategized move to self-service model that required less administration and reduced costs by 20%.
* Created and implemented new administrative procedures to improve system-user management, reallocating resources to customer related activities.
Price Waterhouse, San Francisco, California, 1995-1997
Provided top-level consulting services to select clientele, emphasizing effective change implementation and management within organizations.
Integrated rapidly into existing client teams to lead them and junior consultants to scope and define requirements for change projects. Assessed, analyzed, mapped, and identified improvements for business processes, procedures, and practices to improve clients? operations. Led clients to develop and implement effective organizational redesign. Trained, mentored, and coached junior consultants to develop skills and value.
* Evinced exceptional listening skills, hearing beyond words to hidden concerns and addressing those to achieve goals.
* Instrumental in re-engineering financial functions in leading U.S. bank, resulting in an overall cost reduction of 25%.
Towers Perrin, San Francisco, California, 1994-1995
General Management Consultant
Served as broad-based management consultant for major corporations, focusing on human elements involved in comprehensive change projects.
Adeptly established leadership position to guide client teams through scope of project planning process, coordinating information collection (verbal and written), analysis, and interpretation to process redesign, achieving stronger alignment with enterprise objectives. Managed and defused difficult and conflict-laden situations during redesign phases. Coordinated inter-organizational communications between executive levels to assure open communications. Mentored and